Sunday, July 12, 2009

Chicken Pecan Quiche

FYI....I just found this in my draft, don't know why I never posted it!

I had a fun little girl's lunch the other day with Jodi and Brooke. Jodi made the yummiest quiche ever, so I had to post the recipe. Lynne, if you read the blog, this is the quiche you made at my first Kindergarten luncheon at your house. I have saved the recipe ever since because I remembered how yummy it was even then!

Chicken-Pecan Quiche.

Yield
one 9" quiche

Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup minced fresh onion
1/4 teaspoon dried dillweed
3 drops of hot sauce
1/4 cup pecan halves
Preparation
Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well. Add oil; stir well. Firmly press mixture on bottom and up sides of a 9" deep-dish pieplate. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes. Cool completely.

Combine sour cream, broth, mayonnaise, and eggs; stir with a wire whisk until smooth. Stir in chicken and next 4 ingredients. Pour chicken mixture over prepared crust. Arrange pecan halves over chicken mixture. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment